Diesel Car Magazines Diesel Car of the Year
Over 300 cars were tested by the team at Diesel Car Magazine and with its group of experts they arrive at what they feel represents the best diesel powered car across in 2011. 10 categories of award were made and of course, the ultimate accolade, “Diesel Car Magazines Diesel Car of the Year”
We will start from the top, and tell you what we think of Diesel Car Magazines choices.
Well, Citroen must be getting embarrassed by now at the number of awards the pretty little DS3 has won since it was launched last year, as indeed, it is a proper little car that’s as pretty to look at as it is good to drive. I mean, even Top Gear Magazine voted the DS3 its car of the year – what next!
Ford must be chuffed that their massive investments in engine technology have seen them take best medium car and best large car, which, if you think about it, if the DS3 is too small for you, effectively means the 2 Fords are the best diesels in the UK for you?
Jaguar of course is nice and starting in at just a touch over £30,000, the XF represents good value. Discovery always seem to win awards even though it’s probably not the best all round, but it is the coolest and it is the most desirable to own and drivers just love them.
Peugeot RCZ is pretty, it’s as simple as that and deserves an award for that alone, but when you add the Peugeot diesel engine, it’s difficult to vote for anything else.
We love Skoda here at BVL and we couldn’t be happier for them as they won the best estate with their gorgeous Skoda Superb and for the 2nd year running no less. We really rate the Skoda Superb in hatch or estate and isn’t it a shame that many buyers cant put that badge thing behind them and go laughing all the way to the bank with a quality car that costs far less than it would if it had a en-vogue badge on it.
Not a massive fan of the Kia, but we can understand where they are coming from and our opinion is primarily based on the fact we supply to companies and fleets only and get very little enquiries about Kia.
Finally, the first diesel hybrid ever and it’s Peugeot again and whilst this is a first, its not really surprising it should be Peugeot the achieved it “particularly as they invented the turbo-diesel engine in the first place”
- Citroën DS3 wins “Best Diesel Car and Car of the Year 2011”
- Citroen DS3 wins “Best Small Car of the Year”
- Ford Focus wins “Best Medium Car of the Year”
- Ford Mondeo wins “Best Large Car of the Year”
- Jaguar’s XF is awarded best executive car for the fourth year in succession
- Land Rover Discovery 4 takes the class honors as best 4×4 for the second time
- Peugeot RCZ wins best sports car for the second year in a row
- Skoda’s Superb Estate grabs best estate car gong for the second year running
- Seat Alhambra wins “Best MPV”
- Kia Sportage wins best crossover vehicle of the year
- Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 wins Best Eco Car 2011
Good sensible series of awards from Diesel Car Magazine that you just have to agree with.